Graduation Saturday, June 19th
- Renton Memorial Stadium (405 Logan Ave N, Renton, WA 98057)
Last Names A-L at 12pm Last Names M-Z at 3pm
- Seniors get two tickets and must pick them up themselves starting June 7th
- If you and a sibling have different last names, you can attend the same ceremony. Email email@example.com
- If you need an ASL interpreter, let us know ASAP- email Melinda.Scheuffele@rentonschools.us
- The ceremony will be live-streamed for families as well
Upcoming Important Dates
- HSBP Deadline: Today, April 23rd
- Next Senior Mandatory Meeting: May 7th at 9am (same Zoom link)
Commencement is a formal ceremony and not a party
Arrival, parking and departure at Graduation
Senior event details
- Deadline to complete all requirements to walk at graduation: Friday, June 11
- You must have your HSBP and all credits, including credit retrieval complete
- Community Services has been waived
- Last Day for Seniors: Wed., June 16th
- (Group A and C are remote that day; Group B in-person)
- Senior Check Out: Thursday, June 17th
- Turn in all learning materials, clear fines, etc.
- All Seniors must attend (including Running Start)
- Will be held outside….with cake!
- Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal: Friday, June 18th
- Graduation: Saturday, June 19th at 12 and 3pm
Upcoming Senior Events yet to be determined:
-Senior Assembly and Last Lesson
-Senior Awards Night and honor cord/medal distribution
Reminders: Come pick up your free yard sign in the Main Office!
Don’t forget to move and save important files from your RSD account before graduation
Renton School District Policy:
- No flowers or flashy jewelry should be worn, including flower, candy & money leis
- Students should wear business attire under graduation gown.
- Shorts, flip flops and crocs will not be permitted.
- High heels will stick in the turf- consider flats
- Caps are to be worn straight on the head, tassel on the left.
- Mortarboard is to be level, front point in back. No decorations on cap are allowed.
- Unless it is a religious requirement, the only headgear allowed for the ceremony is your mortarboard (cap).
Caps and Gowns
- You can wear Honor Cords and Spirit of the Highlander medals to graduation
- Masks will be required. Mask individualization is TBD.
- You can still order a cap and gown from Jostens! www.jostens.com
- Do this ASAP so it is delivered in time
- Previous deliveries are in the ASB office
- Need financial assistance? Email Tyrell Hardtke
If the weather forecast is bad for the 19th, we will have to shift to Plan B.
We need your input on Plan B!
Do you want:
- To do a drive-through event at Hazen High School (would require a change of date to 6/23)
- To do a walking ceremony (no spectators) in the Renton High School Gym
Take the poll now!
High School and Beyond Plan
For specific questions regarding graduation requirements students should make an appointment to meet with their school counselor.
Senior Personal Facts Sheet
Use this when requesting a letter of recommendation from the HHS Counseling Department.
How to Request a Letter of Recommendation
A letter of recommendation is a description of your achievements, abilities, character and future goals as seen by others.
How you can help with the Yearbook
We need photos of you and other seniors growing up together. These are the sort of photos you see in the senior slide show in the gym for the Moving Up Assembly.
Send to our editors at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info on the yearbook find it on the Yearbook info page