New Student Resources
- Students who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch receive free or reduced-price breakfast and lunch every day at school.
- In order to receive free or reduced-price lunch, students must turn in the Free/Reduced Price Lunch form every year.
- Students can receive copies of this form in the Counseling Office, or from the Cafeteria staff.
- Students turn in the completed form to the school cafeteria.
- The Hazen Pantry has snacks for students.
- Any student may access the food pantry, located in the Career Center.
Student Chromebook Laptops
- Students are provided a Laptop from Mrs. Eide in the Library.
- When student receives the laptop Mrs. Eide will review log in and password procedure
- To log into the Chromebook you will use your Outlook email which is your firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log in will be the first 3 letters of first name (dot) first 3 letters of last name then a 3 digit number (ex: fir.las000).
- All students at Hazen receive a laptop from the school district. Students are expected to bring their laptop and charger with them every day.
- In case students break or lose their laptop, it is recommended that they buy insurance for their laptop.
- Students receive an insurance form when they receive their laptop from the school from Ms. Eide.
- The completed form should be taken to the ASB office and associated fee paid.
To check Student Grades
- Students and parents will access Skyward from the District/School website
- Students use their log in and can reset a forgotten password from the Skyward site
- Parents may need to contact Mrs. Eide for their log in
- Instructions to change password is on the Hazen website in the “for students” tab
Graduation requirements are on the Counseling website.
Free Wifi application
- Many teachers provide resources for their students online, which students can access at home. If families do not have internet at home, they can apply for a free wifi device from the school district.
- Students receive a wifi application form when they get their laptop from the school. Ms. Eide has forms in her office.
- Students turn in the form to Ms. Eide in the library after it is completed by their parent/guardian.
- Students will receive a wifi device for free from the school district after a few weeks.
Student attendance and reporting absences
- One of the best ways to support your student’s success is to make sure that they attend all their classes every day. If, however, your student has to miss a class or a day of school, please call Hazen at: (425) 204-4210. When you call the school, please tell the staff your student’s name, the date they will be absent, and the reason they will be absent from school.
- Absences may also be reported via e-mail. Be sure to include your student’s name, date and reason student is missing school, to: email@example.com
- An explanation of absence must be provided to the Attendance Office within 24 hours of a student’s return to school.
PE/gym class uniform
- To graduate from high school, students need to take Physical Education (PE).
- Students are required to buy a PE t-shirt for class. The t-shirt costs $8.00. Students may also purchase PE shorts for $8.00. If students want to purchase both a t-shirt and shorts the cost is $15.00.
- PE t-shirts and shorts are purchased in the ASB Office before school, during lunch and after school.
- If students need financial assistance to pay for their PE uniform, they should meet with their counselor. Counselors can apply education funding to cover the cost of the required t-shirt.
Associated Student Body membership (ASB)
- Students who join school sports or clubs are required to buy an ASB membership.
- The ASB card costs $30.00 and can be purchased at the ASB office or online.
- If students have an ASB membership, then they can use the membership to go to all home sports games for free and gives students a discount on school dances and other activities.
- If students cannot pay the $30.00, then they can ask their counselor about payment assistance and scholarships.
Hazen Contact Information
- Main Phone: (425) 204-4200
- Attendance Phone: (425) 204- 4260 or (425) 204-4210
- Attendance email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax Number: (425) 204-4220