Monday Morning Memo
September 23, 2022
Good morning, Hazen!
We hope that you have enjoyed the first few days of school. Starting out the first week with popsicles and ending this last week with a Pep Rally has made me more excited to serve as Principal of Hazen. I hope that you have taken this start of the year to connect with your peers and to make a connection to content and a member of our awesome staff. Positive relationships are key to our collective success.
Every other Monday, you will receive an email from me with various announcements and updates. Be sure to read these carefully as there is always lots of happenings at Hazen and our goal is to keep you all informed and involved at school. It is by being involved that you will experience the ASB motto of "Hazen is where the heart is."
- Class of 2026- It’s time to choose your officers for this year. Please use the following links to a PPT that goes over the basic details of how the election will run and an application form that needs to be turned in by Thursday, September 15th. To run for office, review the PowerPoint, fill out the application, write a candidate statement, and submit them to Ms. Dodson, following the PPT instructions. If you have questions, come and see Ms. Miles, ASB Advisor, in Room 115. Good Luck!
- Homecoming Court- Please take a quick minute to fill out this survey about whether we will have a homecoming court this year. We need your responses by Monday afternoon! Here’s the link: https://forms.gle/1ijBtsmTeZssPZ9g8
- Support your Highlanders this week at the games listed below. See which other teams are competing later by following Hazen at https://www.kingcoathletics.com/.
- Football v. Juanita on Saturday at Lumen Field. Purchase tickets for the 7:10pm game here.
- Soccer v. Newport on Saturday at Newport High School. JV begins at 12pm and Varsity at 2pm.
Safety: Please keep exterior doors closed at all times and do not open them for anyone even if they appear to be a student.
Attendance: Students who attend school regularly have been shown to achieve at higher levels than students who do not have regular attendance. Be sure to strive for five and make it to class on time, every day that you are healthy. Once you accumulate 5 tardies or absences, Dean Carrick will reach out to you and your family to see what supports you need to make sure that you are attending and arriving on time.
Parking & Driving: Please be sure to drive safely, abiding by speed limits within both the parking lot and are adjacent streets. Also make sure that your parking permit is displayed properly as security begins to issue parking citations.
Crossing: This is a reminder to abide by all traffic signals, use sidewalks, and arrive to school on time to access the school through the gate in the back. This gate will only be open at the start and close of school, not during lunch.
Thank you all for a great first two weeks!