What is an Excused Absence?
An absence will be considered excused if the student brings to the attendance office an excuse from his/her parent/guardian following the absence. The note must include the dates, student’s name, and reason for absence. In most cases, only the following conditions will qualify for an absence to be excused:
1. School sponsored activities
2. Personal illness (doctor’s note required after 5 days) or medical/dental appointments
3. Family Emergency including but not limited to a death or illness in the family.
4. Special religious or cultural purpose
5. Legal court appearance
6. Post-secondary visit or scholarship interview
7. State recognized search and rescue
8. Absence directly related to student’s homeless status
9. Absence resulting from disciplinary action
10. Principal and parent/guardian mutually agreed upon approved activity