ARE YOU A STUDENT INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE RUNNING START PROGRAM FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR?
If you are a student in the class of 2022 or 2023 and are interested in participating in the Running Start Program for next school year (2021-2022), please take some time to read this detailed information below.
Resources to help you learn more about the Running Start Program
Thank you for understanding that due to the high volume of Hazen students who participate in Running Start, Counselors are not available to meet individually with students and their families about the Running Start Program. All critical information needed to decide if Running Start is right for you will be included in the Orientation Sessions. Additionally, we have created helpful videos about the Running Start Program. Please take some time to watch them!
Students, please follow these steps to enroll in the Running Start Program for 2021-2022 School Year
Running Start Enrollment Steps: General Process (varies by college, see specific college information below these steps):
- Enroll with the college for the correct quarter (Fall 2021)
- Submit Running Start Application to the college
- Complete “Placement” with the college.
If you need a copy of your transcript to complete Placement, please email email@example.com and include a picture of your ID (student ID or state ID) in your email, requesting an “unofficial transcript”.
- Complete and sign the Hazen Running Start Participation Agreement Form.
- Read and complete the Hazen Running Start Welcome Packet.
If you have completed steps 1-5, you are ready to schedule a “New Running Start Student” appointment with your school counselor. Please note that if you book this appointment, but have not completed the above steps, your appointment will be canceled and you’ll be asked to reschedule after you have completed steps 1-5.
Select the link that corresponds to the first letter of your last name to select the right counselor for your appointment:
Last names A-E, Z: Make an Appointment with Ms. Leick
Last names F-L: Ms. Make an Appointment with Ms. Denman
Last names M-Ri: Make an Appointment with Mr. Creeley
Last names Ro-Y: Make an Appointment with Ms. Lally
- Attend your New Running Start Counselor Appointment: Arrive ready to decide on your class schedule at Hazen and at the college.
- Determine full-time or part-time
- Adjust your Hazen course requests
- Complete Run St. Enrollment Verification Form (required every quarter)
- Student submit the Fall Quarter RS EVF to the college
- Once approved by the college Running Start office, student is released to enroll in courses at the college for Fall Quarter.