ARE YOU A STUDENT INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE RUNNING START PROGRAM FOR THE 2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR?
If you are a student in the class of 2025 or 2026 and are interested in participating in the Running Start Program for next school year (2024-25), please take some time to read this detailed information below.
Running Start Orientation Sessions
It is mandatory to attend an orientation session to participate in Running Start.
Sessions during the school day
Monday, March 4th during 4th and 5th period in the library
Tuesday, March 5th during 4th and 5th period in the library
*Students should pick one session to attend during 4th OR 5th period - sign up for a session
Sessions in the evening
Wednesday, March 6th at 6 PM via Zoom. Access via this link. Families welcome!
Thursday, March 7th at 6 PM in the Hazen auditorium. Families welcome!
Resources to help you learn more about the Running Start Program
Thank you for understanding that due to the high volume of Hazen students who participate in Running Start, Counselors are not available to meet individually with students and their families about the Running Start Program. All critical information needed to decide if Running Start is right for you will be included in the Orientation Sessions. Additionally, we have created helpful videos about the Running Start Program. Please take some time to watch them!
Students, please follow these steps to enroll in the Running Start Program for 2024-2025 School Year
Running Start Enrollment Steps: General Process (varies by college, see specific college information below these steps):
- Start by visiting the Running Start webpage at the college you want to attend (for example: Bellevue College Running Start, or Renton Technical College Running Start) and carefully review their enrollment steps.
- Enroll with the college for the correct quarter (Fall 2024)
- Submit Running Start Application to the college
- Complete “Placement” with the college.
If you need a copy of your transcript to complete Placement, please email Ana Storms and include a picture of your ID (student ID or state ID) in your email, requesting an “unofficial transcript”.
- Complete and sign the Hazen Running Start Participation Agreement Form.
If you have completed steps 1-5, you are ready to schedule a “New Running Start Student” appointment with your school counselor beginning April 1. Counselors will not be taking appointments before that date.
Select the link that corresponds to the first letter of your last name to select the right counselor for your appointment:
Last names A, B, C, Do: Make an Appointment with Ms. Leick
Last names Dr, E, F, G, H, I, J, Kh.: Make an appointment with Mr. Kadohiro
Last names Ki, L, M, Nguyen, I.: Make an Appointment with Mr. Johansen
Last names Nguyen, J, O, P, Q, R, Sa: Make an Appointment with Mr. Creeley
Last names Sc, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z: Make an Appointment with Ms. Flye
- Attend your New Running Start Counselor Appointment: Arrive ready to decide on your class schedule at Hazen and at the college.
- Determine full-time or part-time
- Adjust your Hazen course requests
- Complete Running Start Enrollment Verification Form RSEVF (required every quarter)
- Student submits the Fall Quarter RSEVF to the college
- Once approved by the college Running Start office, student is released to enroll in courses at the college for Fall Quarter.