ARE YOU A STUDENT INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE RUNNING START PROGRAM FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR?
If you are a student in the class of 2024 or 2025 and are interested in participating in the Running Start Program for next school year (2023 or 2024), please take some time to read this detailed information below.
Running Start Orientation Sessions
It is mandatory to attend an orientation session to participate in Running Start.
Sessions during the school day
Friday, March 3rd during 4th and 5th period in the library
Thursday, March 9th during 4th and 5th period in the library
*Students should pick one session to attend during 4th OR 5th period - sign up for a session
Sessions in the evening
Thursday, March 9th at 6 PM. You can access this virtual session. Families welcome!
Wednesday, March 15th at 6 PM in the Hazen auditorium. Sign up for the evening session. Families are welcome!
Resources to help you learn more about the Running Start Program
Thank you for understanding that due to the high volume of Hazen students who participate in Running Start, Counselors are not available to meet individually with students and their families about the Running Start Program. All critical information needed to decide if Running Start is right for you will be included in the Orientation Sessions. Additionally, we have created helpful videos about the Running Start Program. Please take some time to watch them!
Running Start: Should I or Shouldn't I?
Running Start: How does the program work?
Running Start: Steps to enroll
Students, please follow these steps to enroll in the Running Start Program for 2023-2024 School Year
Running Start Enrollment Steps: General Process (varies by college, see specific college information below these steps):
- Start by visiting the Running Start webpage at the college you want to attend (for example: Bellevue College Running Start, or Renton Technical College Running Start) and carefully review their enrollment steps.
- Enroll with the college for the correct quarter (Fall 2023)
- Submit Running Start Application to the college
- Complete “Placement” with the college.
If you need a copy of your transcript to complete Placement, please email email@example.com and include a picture of your ID (student ID or state ID) in your email, requesting an “unofficial transcript”.
- Complete and sign the Hazen Running Start Participation Agreement Form.
If you have completed steps 1-5, you are ready to schedule a “New Running Start Student” appointment with your school counselor beginning April 1. Counselors will not be taking appointments before that date.
Select the link that corresponds to the first letter of your last name to select the right counselor for your appointment:
Last names A, B, C, Do: Make an Appointment with Ms. Leick
Last names Dr, E, F, G, H, I, J, Kh.: Make an Appointment with Ms. Denman
Last names Ki, L, M, Nguyen, I.: Make an Appointment with Mr. Creeley
Last names Nguyen, J, O, P, Q, R, Sa: Make an Appointment with Mr. Johansen
Last names Sc, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z: Make an Appointment with Ms. Lally
- Attend your New Running Start Counselor Appointment: Arrive ready to decide on your class schedule at Hazen and at the college.
- Determine full-time or part-time
- Adjust your Hazen course requests
- Complete Run St. Enrollment Verification Form (required every quarter)
- Student submits the Fall Quarter RS EVF to the college
- Once approved by the college Running Start office, student is released to enroll in courses at the college for Fall Quarter.
Local Running Start Programs
- Bellevue College Running Start: Detailed information for enrolling
- Renton Technical College Running Start: Detailed information for enrolling
- Enrolling at other college Running Start programs: